Quantcast

SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
Good day!

I wanted to try SystemC for like some years but it was hard to find usefull IDE for this. Week ago while serching internet i've found SCBuilder and decided to try it.
Firstly i downloaded and installed it on my PC.

Then i opened User Manual and tried to compile and test adder example. After pressing "simulate" there are too much errors... No ideas what's wrong...

Here is log from command panel

Would be nice to understand what's wrong.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
Hi,

I have noticed that scbuilder seems to be picking up the wrong mingw version, from your log:

c:/mingw-4.8.1/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: CMakeFiles\adder.dir/

This should be 5.1.0.

Could you try to put the "<scbuilder_home>\bin" directory first in your search path. This is something which I though I'd fixed in the 0.1.2 release, is this the one you are running?

Regards,
Hans.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
Thank you for your reply.

 Yes i am running 0.1.2 version so looks like this problem still exists. About your advice how to fix it - i understand what you mean but i don't know where i should fix this. Could you explain a bit more about it, sorry for newbee question

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
No problem, assuming you are running Windows7 (10 is very similar) do the following:

1) Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced System Settings->Environmental Variables
2) Edit the PATH variable (most likely under your User variables)
3) Put the path for your SCBuilder\bin and TDM-GCC-32\bin installation directory as the first variable

for example if you have:

PATH=c:\mingw32\bin;C:\SCBuilder\bin;C:\SCBuilder\TDM-GCC-32\bin;....

change this to:

PATH=C:\SCBuilder\bin;C:\SCBuilder\TDM-GCC-32\bin;c:\mingw32\bin;....

This way when SCBuilder issues the ld.exe command it find the one in the SCBuilder\TDM-gcc-32\bin directory first. You could use TDM-GCC-32's gcc version (5.1.0) instead of your mingw32 (4.8.2) one, you just need to install Msys assuming you need a bash shell.

I will look into the installer to find out why it is not setting the path correctly,

Good luck,
Hans.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
Oh it was quite obvious, but i've never think that order in Path means something. Ok, so i changed order like in your message but it didn't help. Then i deleted Path to old MinGW at all, but still have the same result...
If i open CMD and chech gcc -v i recieve: "gcc version 5.1.0 (tdm-1)".

Btw my CodeLite C\C++ IDE still compile programm with old version... But i am sure that in System Path and User Path there is no more links for it.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
I can't understand how SCBuilder still finds your 4.8.1 version, can you issue the "set" command in your CMD prompt and check that mingw is no longer in your search path. If you want we can do a gotomeeting session tomorrow so that you can show me the error. Contact me on the feedback page if you want to do this,

Regards,
Hans.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
Sorry for the quite long absence... Sometimes i don't have internet access.

If seriously i am a bit puzzled how it's possible that SC still finds old version.

Here is my PATH getting with set.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9mi3/dtqsnVEBY

The one strange link is
C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;
But this folder doesn't exits at disk C.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
Hi Tausinv,

I am not sure what the problem is, however, I will create a version of SCBuilder that doesn't require the TDM-GCC-32/bin path. I will work on it over the weekend,

Regards,
Hans.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
Okay. Thank you for your help with this trouble. Hope i will finally able to play around example project in new version. Look forward to this one.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
Hi Tausinov,

I have uploaded 0.1.3, let me know if this version works better for you,

Regards,
Hans.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

Tausinov
This post was updated on .
Hi! That's it! I've just try to run simulation example project with adder and it works. Nice work.

P.S. one more question. It's said in key feauteres "Limited Synthesis capabilities (translate SystemC to VHDL)". I wanted to check how it works with same adder example but after run it says:
"fatal error: systemc.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated."
After i've tried to comment all includes this lib and have tried to run it again SCBuilder just stoped work with error and closed.

Re: SCBuilder troubles with example project

HT-Lab
Administrator
Hi Tausinov,

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Regarding synthesis, you can't synthesize the adder example without doing some modifications (see esl2rtl doc), try the md5 example which should work fine.

I am working on replacing the parser which should make the synthesis engine more capable of handling standard C++ code.

Regards,
Hans.